Now available with a NEW Remastered
LokSound 5 Custom Sound Project
LokSound 5 Custom Sound Project
About the GT46C ACe Class
The GT46C ACe is a diesel electric locomotive designed and built by Downer Rail, Cardiff using Electro-Motive Dieselcomponents between 2007 and 2013. A total of 79 locomotives were built with the first units built as the SCT class for freight operator SCT Logistics from 2007 followed by the LDP class for Downer Rail's Locomotive Demand Power division, the TT class for Pacific National, the GWA class for Genesee & Wyoming Australia, the WH class for Whitehaven Coal, and the SSR class for Southern Shorthaul Railroad.
The first GT46C-ACe went into service in 2007 and presently all 79 are still in service with the various operators under their own class.
The SCT class are used by SCT Logistics on their freight services from Adelaide to Melbourne, Parkes and Perth.
DCC with Sound and Light Modifications
For this installation we recommend the ESU LokSound 5 (Sound) with our Custom Sound Project for the GT46C-ACe Class or the LokPilot V4.0 (No Sound) for those not wishing sound. We offer several options of DCC installations for this model to suit all budgets and can supply the decoders only for the DIY installers.
We have tweaked the motor control of the ESU decoder to provide super slow smooth speed which is perfect for shunting operations allowing the loco to move ever so slowly towards its rolling stock. Also, for those wanting the locomotive to move off slowly and build up speed like the prototype. You will be impressed with the smooth slow speed motor control.
The DCC Solutions GT46C-ACe Class Custom Sound Project packed with sounds and features no found anywhere else!
Full Throttle – Drive Hold
This feature allows you to simulate a loaded or empty train by pressing the F1 function button. When the button is pressed, the motor will remain at a constant speed, while the sound can be controlled independently by adjusting the speed on the throttle. This exciting, new feature gives the operator the ability to have the train crawl in notch 8 or coast at 100 km/h. Release the Drive Hold function button and you simply go back to throttle-controlled speed and motion. Available only from DCC Solutions, our Drive Hold will stop your loco when you reduce the speed to zero even while the function is still active. Your ESU factory fitted or downloadable sound will not stop your loco at speed step 0 with the drive hold on.
For those who really want to drive their train and manually control the notching rather than letting the decoder do it.
Coasting on Demand
This feature allows you to enter coasting mode whenever you want with a press of a button. Often when coming to a stop, the throttle of a real locomotive is put into Idle and the locomotive coasts to a stop. Another situation that occurs is that once a train is up to speed when operating over the
NSW's countryside, the driver can coast to maintain a certain speed. By pressing the coast function button, the sound drops into coasting and remains there. Using the throttle speed control, you can now speed up or slow down the train with the sound remaining in coasting mode.
Press the function button to exit coasting and the sound will exit and return to whatever speed is set when exiting.
Press the Brake Function button and your locomotive will come to a stop at a much shorter distance than if you were to bring it to a stop by reducing the throttle speed. Release the brake and your locomotive will move off again or choose to have it remain stationary when the brake is released.
Working Dynamic Brake
Apply the Dynamic Brakes and the Prime Mover will wind down to idle while the Dynamic Fans engage to assist with cooling. Reduce the throttle and the decoder's dynamic braking logic will reduce your speed faster than normal. Disengage Dynamic Braking and the primer mover will returned to it's notched speed and the fans will turn off.
Random Start-up Sequences with Move Off and Stopping Sounds
Now with random start-up sequences including hot or cold engine starts your start up and shut down will not always sound the same.
As your locomotive begins to move off you will hear the sounds of brakes releasing with random speed activated wheel squeal, rail noises and other sounds. Some of these sounds are random or speed sensitive that will turn on/off automatically depending on your take off speed. When the locomotive comes to a stop you will hear the squeal of the brakes, air releases and then the compressor will cut in automatically to fill the reservoirs with air until full and will cut out.
- EMD 16-710G3C-ES Prime Mover.
- Random Start-up sequences including Automatic Hot or Cold Engine Start
- Short Blast and Playable Nathan K Series Horns
- Air and Brake Release Sounds when loco moves off and stops including Brake Squeal
- When the loco stops after braking the compressor cuts in to fill the reservoir and will turn off when the tanks are full
- Speed sensitive Wheel Squeal and Rail Noise when the loco moves off
- Full Throttle Drive Hold - Lock the loco speed and control the sound independently to simulate a heavy loaded or empty train
- Proper Working Dynamic Brakes: The prime mover winds down to idle, fans activate and brakes faster due to Dynamic Brake motor logic
- Coasting On Demand
- Working Brake to bring your locomotive to a stop even when Full Throttle Drive Hold is active unlike other ESU sound files
- Directional Coupling and Release with brake line release with auto active shunting mode to reduce the speed of the loco for shunting
- Stop & Drive Random Sounds including fans, compressor, rail noise, track wheel squeal, air releases and more!
- Modified Lighting Option for more prototypical light operation.
- Low beam to High beam Headlight operation
- Prototypical Ditch Light operation. Constant on or Alternate Flashing on both front and rear ditch lights
- And more (See below for full list)
- Motor settings and sound volumes tuned to specifically suit the Auscision GT46C-ACe Class Locomotive Model
- Slow Speed Motor Performance
- Full 28 function button remapping to suit your personal requirements
- Individual master sound volumes can be adjusted by the user to suit personal requirements
- DCC Solutions High Performance Speaker delivering impressive sound
- This Sound Project is also suitable for the Railmotor Models (Train World) EDI GT46C-ACe, SCT Class Models.
Standard DCC Installation: ESU Non sound decoder with no lighting modifications.
Standard Sound Installation: Alternate brand of sound decoder with factory generic sound. No lighting modifications.
Premium Sound Installation: ESU LokSound 5 sound decoder with our custom EMD 16-710G3C-ES sound project. No lighting modifications.
Premium Sound Installation and Light Modification: Upgraded 10 Function lighting outputs with the DCC Solutions light modification and our custom EMD 16-710G3C-ES sound project that allows you individual control of the front/rear white marker lights, front/rear red marker lights, front/rear headlights and front/rear ditch lights using the function buttons on your DCC throttle.
SOUND and OUTPUT FUNCTION LABELS
Premium Sound Installation and Light Modification
0 (HEADLIGHT) Directional Headlights
1 Full Throttle Drive Hold
2 (HORN) Playable and Short Blast Horn
3 High Beam Headlight
4 Dynamic Brakes
5 Coasting on Demand
7 Brake Squeal on Deceleration
8 Prime Mover Cold/Hot Start Up/Shut Down
9 Front White Markers
10 Rear Red Markers
11 Rear White Markers
12 Front Red Markers
13 Directional Marker Lights
14 Ditch Lights + Alternate Flashing
17 Coupling/Uncoupling + Shunting Mode
18 Wheel Squeal
21 Volume Fader - Reduces Sound 50%
22 Front Headlight On/Off
24 Spitter Valves
25 Manual Notching
26 Notch Up / Short Air Release
27 Notch Down / Cab Door Open/Close
28 Disable Move Off and Stopping Sounds
ESU LokSound 5 Sound Decoder programmed with DCC Solutions Custom GT46C-ACe Class Sound Project
ESU LokPilot V4.0 (Non Sound Decoder)
Alternative brands of Sound and Non Sound Decoders of your choice.
DCC Solutions upgraded 10 Function Light Modifications
Supply only Decoders and Speakers for DIY Installations