Auscision 43 Class DCC Sound Installation
with Lighting Modifications
Auscision 43 Class DCC Sound Installation
with Lighting Modifications
Now available with NEW Remastered Sound Project including "Full Throttle - Drive Hold" feature.
The 43 class were a class of Australian diesel locomotives built by A Goninan & Co, Broadmeadow for the New South Wales Government Railways in 1956-57.The class of six locomotives were unique in Australia in having Alco power units in GE Transportation Systems designed bodies.
The 43 class were initially used on the Main Western line from Sydney to Orange, prior to electrification of the line to Lithgow in June 1957, appearing regularly on the Central West Express. Subsequently, they were transferred to Broadmeadow Locomotive Depot operating from Gosford to the Queensland border via both the North Coast and Main North lines. They also saw service on the Main South line.
In August 1974, 4301 was taken into Chullora Workshops for a regular overhaul, however a decision was made to use it as spares for the remaining units. In the following years, four more were later scrapped with the last, 4306, being withdrawn in October 1979 and placed by the Public Transport Commission (PTC) in the custody of the New South Wales Rail Transport Museum. It is now a designated NSW heritage item. It was transferred to Thirlmere in March 1980 and in 1986, the Illawarra branch of the Rail Transport Museum commenced overhauling 4306. The locomotive returned to traffic in June 1996 and has since been used extensively on charters in New South Wales as well as interstate to Brisbane and Melbourne
DCC with Sound and Light Modifications
For this installation we recommend the ESU LokSound V4.0 (Sound) or the LokPilot V4.0 (No Sound) for those not wishing sound. Alternatively you may wish to choose the ESU Select Sound Decoder or the TCS (Train Control Systems) 21 Pin non sound decoder. We offer several different options of DCC installation for this model to suit all budgets and can supply the decoders/speakers only for the DIY installers.
We offer a light modification for Auscision's 43 Class to separate the lights for a more prototypical operation.
We can separate the front headlight, white markers and red marker lights for a more prototypical operational practices in DCC. Both the white and red marker lights at the front and rear can be controlled individually or directionally as well as the front and rear headlights. That allows for no rear red marker lights to be on when the loco is carrying a load behind it or both the front and rear red markers switched on at the same time when the locomotive is standing in a siding or shunting and you can even run with just the front white markers switched on. You can control what lights you want switched on depending on how you are running your 43 Class Locomotive.
For a Standard Light Modification we can separate the lights as follows.
7) Rear Red Markers - on/off with 1 function
The DCC Solutions NSW 43 Class Custom Sound Project - ALCo 12-244
Our Custom Sound Project now includes these new features:
Full Throttle – Drive Hold
This feature allows you to simulate a loaded or empty train by pressing the F1 function button. When the button is pressed, the motor will remain at a constant speed, while the sound can be controlled independently by adjusting the speed on the throttle. This exciting, new feature gives the operator the ability to have the train crawl in notch 8 or coast at 100 km/h. Release the Drive Hold function button and you simply go back to throttle-controlled speed and motion.
Coasting on Demand
Pressing F5 will activate coasting on demand to suit your running environment allowing variable speed coasting so changes in speed will not turn it off until you turn it off.
Press the Brake Function button and your locomotive will come to a stop at a much shorter distance than if you were to bring it to a stop by reducing the throttle speed. Release the brake and your locomotive will move off again or choose to have it remain stationary when the brake is released.Move Off and Stopping Sounds
And includes all these great features to make your Auscision 43 Class drive and sound impressive.
- ALCO 12-244 Turbo Prime Mover
- Automatic Hot or Cold Engine Start.
- Short Blast and Playable Horn - NSWGR Nathan P5 or Front 2 Trumpet Horn
- Short Blast Single Chime Rear Horn
- Brake Release Sounds when the locomotive moves off.
- Random Stopping Sounds including Brake Squeal.
- When the loco stops after braking the compressor cuts in to fill the reservoir and will turn off when the tanks are full.
- Speed sensitive Wheel Squeal and Rail Noise when the loco moves off.
- Full Throttle Drive Hold - Lock the loco speed and control the sound independently to simulate a heavy loaded or empty train
- Proper Working Dynamic Brakes: When engaged the prime mover winds down to idle as the Dynamic Brake Fan runs and the engine brakes faster due to Dynamic Brake motor logic of the ESU decoder. Disengage and the prime mover will shift back to its prior notch and continues along.
- Working Brake to bring your locomotive to a stop
- Coasting On Demand
- Coupling and Release with brake line release
- Stop & Drive Random Sounds including fans, compressor, rail noise, track wheel squeal, air releases
- Modified Lighting Option for more prototypical light operation.
- Low beam to High beam Headlight operation
- And more (See below for full list)
- Motor settings and sound volumes tuned to specifically suit the Auscision 43 Class Locomotive Model.
- Individual master sound volumes can be adjusted by the user to suit personal requirements.
- Full function button remapping to suit your personal requirements.
- This Sound Project is also suitable for other brands of 43 Class Models.
Standard DCC Installation: Non sound decoder with no lighting modifications.
Standard Sound Installation: ESU Select decoder with ESU factory generic sound. No lighting modifications.
Premium Sound Installation: ESU LokSound V4.0 sound decoder with our custom ALCO 12-244 Turbo sound project. No lighting modifications
Premium Sound Installation and Light Modification: ESU LokSound V4.0 sound decoder and we can separate the lights on this model by upgrading the ESU 21 Pin Decoder (4 Functions) to 6 Function lighting outputs that allows you individual control of the lights using the function buttons on your DCC throttle and programmed with our new custom ALCO 12-244 Turbo sound project
SOUND and OUTPUT FUNCTION LABELS
Premium Sound Installation and Light Modification
0 (HEADLIGHT) Directional Headlights
1 Full Throttle Drive Hold
2 (HORN) NSWGR Nathan P5 Playable Horn
3 NSWGR Nathan P5 Short Blast
4 ALCO Working Dynamic Brakes
5 Coasting on Demand
7 Shunting Mode/Reduces Speed 50%
8 Prime Mover Start Up/Shut Down/Mute
9 Front White Markers On/Off
10 Rear Red Markers On/Off
11 Rear White Markers On/Off
12 Front White Markers On/Off
13 Directional Markers
14 Coupling (Reverse) /Uncoupling (Forward) [CV48]
16 ALCO Air Compressor
17 Rear Single Horn
18 Wheel Flange Squeal
19 NSWGR Guard's Whistle
20 Volume Control (+/-) Double Key Press
21 Volume Fader - Reduces Sound 50%
22 High Beam Headlight
23 Cab Door Open/Close
24 Sanding Valve
25 Spitter Valves
26 Short Air Release
27 Front Headlight On/Off
28 Disable Move Off and Stopping Sounds
ESU LokSound V4.0 Sound Decoder programmed with DCC Solutions Custom 43 Class Sound Project
ESU LokSound Select Sound Decoder programmed with ESU generic sound file
ESU LokPilot V4.0 (Non Sound Decoder)
Alternative brands of Sound and Non Sound Decoders of your choice.
Supply only Decoders and Speakers for DIY Installations