Adjusting the Sound Volume on DCC Solution Custom Sound Projects
The sounds in our Custom Sound Projects are set at relatively realistic operating levels for the scaled model it is intended to represent.
When our sound projects are paired with one of our High Performance Dynamic Speakers, these volumes have been tested to provide the best overall sound when the model is stationary and running.
As we develop and test these sound volumes, we are fully aware that not everyone will run their models in the same environment as our testing facilities.
So, because of this, we have set the sound volumes as a starting point and these are not maximum levels.
With all of our Custom Sound Projects, we have allowed the end user plenty of room to increase or decrease the volume to suit their own individual needs.
So if you receive your model, and it is not loud enough, don't worry as there is a way of making it LOUD!
You can change individual sound slot volumes, or a much easier way is to permanently set the master volume that best suits your operating environment (E.g. Home, Club, Expo) using CV63 – Range (0-192).
The Installation Information Sheet provided with your installation by DCC Solutions will have the programmed default value for your sound project.
Alternatively, if you're able to read CVs via your DCC System on a programming track, then read the decoder's CV63 to find out its value and reprogram it accordingly to your needs.
You can't read CVs on POM track – Program On the Main, but you can still change the value of CV63.
How to change the master volume using your NCE Power Cab Throttle
This is best done on the Programming Track to read/write CVs
but you can write CVs with Program On the Main
Using the Programming Track (will display the value of CV63)
1. Press the PROG/ESC button four times to display USE PROGRAM TRACK.
2. Press ENTER to use the programming track.
3. The screen will display 1=STD 2=CV 3=REG
4. Press 2 to use CV
5. The screen will display PROG CV NUM: _
6. Enter 63 and press ENTER
7. The screen will display PROG CV.....CV NUM 063 = XXX
8. Enter your new value.
9. Press ENTER.
10. The screen will display PROG CV NUM: _
11. Press the PROG/ESC to exit.
Using Program On the Main (will NOT display the value of CV63)
1. Press the PROG/ESC button once to display PROGRAM ON MAIN
2. Press ENTER
3. Enter the Program Loco Number and press enter.
4. The screen will display 1=ADR 2=CV 3=CFG
5. Press 2 to use CV
6. The screen will display PROG CV NUM: _
7. Enter 63 and press ENTER
8. The screen will display ENTER VALUE:
9. Enter your new value.
10. Press ENTER.
11. The screen will display PROG CV NUM: _
12. Press the PROG/ESC to exit.
OTHER DCC SYSTEMS
For users of different DCC Systems, refer to your user manual for information on read/write programming of CVs.