LokSound Select Decoders – Modifying the Sound Effects
The LokSound Select Decoder allows you to adjust the sounds of the Prime Mover, Horns, Bells (If Applicable*) and Brake Squeal.
You can select from possibly up to 4 prime mover sounds if stored in the flash memory and between 16 air horns, 2 bells and 2 brake squeal sounds.
Your selection of sounds are stored in CV 48. To calculate the value for CV 48, just follow the instructions below.
Each LokSound Select decoder offers the following:
In order to calculate the complete value you need to store in CV 48, please follow this procedure:
1. Write down the value shown for your desired air horn.
2. Write down the value shown for your desired prime mover sound.
3. Write down the value shown for your desired bell selection (If applicable – * not used on Australian locomotives)
4. Write down the value shown for your desired brake squeal selection.
5. Add all 4 values together and write the sum into CV 48. See below.
6. Power cycle (disable/reapply power) of your LokSound Select decoder to enable your new selection of sounds.
You would like to use the Nathan P5A air horn, the prime mover sound #2, fast bell and the brake squeal number #2. So you need to write 4 + 16 + 64 + 128 = 212 into CV 48
or the Leslie S5 air horn, the prime mover sound #1, slow bell and the brake squeal number #1. So you need to write 8 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 8 into CV 48.
DCC Solutions programs the LokSound Select Decoders with the Bell Function turned off as default for Australian Locomotives.
How to change the value of CV48 using your NCE Power Cab Throttle.
1. Press the PROG/ESC button four times to display USE PROGRAM TRACK.
2. Press ENTER to use the programming track.
3. The screen will display 1=STD 2=CV 3=REG
4. Press 2 to use CV
5.The screen will display PROG CV NUM: _
6. Enter 48 and press ENTER
7. The screen will display PROG CV.....CV NUM 048 = XXX
8. Enter your new value calculated from the table above.
9. Press ENTER.
10. The screen will display PROG CV NUM: _
11. Press the PROG/ESC to exit.
Pressing PROG/ESC before or during any number entry will completely exit you from programming and return you to the normal display screen.
If you get a CAN NOT READ CV message then the decoder is not responding. Check the locomotive is correctly placed on the track and the programming track wiring. Try disabling the power to the locomotive then reapply.
You can also PROGRAM ON THE MAIN to change the value.
1. Press the PROG/ESC button once to display PROGRAM ON MAIN
2. Press ENTER
3. Enter the locomotive running number and press ENTER
4. The screen will display 1=ADR 2=CV 3=CFG
5. Press 2 to use CV
6.The screen will display PROG CV NUM: _
7. Enter 48 and press ENTER
8. The screen will display PROG CV.....CV NUM 048 = XXX
9. Enter your new value calculated from the table above.
10. Press ENTER.
11. The screen will display PROG CV NUM: _
12. Press the PROG/ESC to exit.
LokSound V4.0 Decoders – Modifying the Sound Effects
The LokSound V4.0 Decoders are programmed with custom sound file by DCC Solutions and generally do not offer options to modify or select sounds.
However, with some sound files, there is the option of selecting a different Air Horn and brake sounds.. Your Additional Installation Information Sheet provided with your installation will advise if your sound file has this option.
To modify the sounds in CV48, follow the procedure described above with the valves provided on your Additional Installation Information Sheet.