New to the range of High-Performance Dynamic Speakers for DCC Sound locomotives is the “Hurricane C40” by DCC Solutions to suit the Eureka Models
This speaker is suitable for the following Eureka Models:
- NSW 40 Class
Use this speaker if installing sound in these models or if you want to improve the sound in already sound equipped models.
Not recommended, but can be used with QSI Sound decoders.
One of our most popular and best-selling speakers, the “Thunder” has been around since 2013. It became the speaker of choice, popular with modellers installing sound, as they were impressed with the quality and sound output from these small dynamic speakers.
Now it finally gets some new additions to expand its line-up.
The DCCS – “HURRICANE C40” consists of two Thunder speakers installed in a precision engineered side-by-side long format single deeper enclosure. The height of the enclosure has been increased, compared to the original Thunder speaker, to create a larger sound chamber to increase the volume and bass output levels and will fit directly into the Eureka Model's sound ready locomotives.
Don't be fooled by their size, as these speakers show a significant improvement in sound quality over other speakers on the market and will provide a storming sound performance. Now with a 78% increase in the sound chamber size compared to the original “Thunder” speaker, the “Hurricane C40” has more air pumping space for each speaker to dramatically increase the level of sound output.
This twin speaker format is designed to be wired in parallel to provide 4-ohm impedance, perfect for ESU LokSound programmed with the correct DCC Solutions Custom Sound Project to suit the model.
Also, suitable for Zimo* sound decoders.
It can be wired in series to provide 16 ohms for use with the Eureka Factory QSI Sound Decoders.
Unique features of the DCCS – “HURRICANE C40” include:
- Enclosure designed and manufactured by DCC Solutions
- Speaker sits inside enclosure for a permanent fit, not on top
- Fully sound tested for quality reassurance prior to sale
- Enclosure markings “+/-” for easy parallel wire connections
- Suits Eureka NSW 40 Class models
- Size with Enclosure: 34.00×13.65 mm
- Height with Enclosure: 9.60 mm
- Nominal Power Output: 2 Watts
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Frequency Range – 100Hz~20kHz
- Sound Pressure Level – 73db
- Max. Sound Pressure Level – 89db
- Air Pumping Capacity – 69 mm³ per speaker
* This speaker is suitable for use in:
Zimo Sound Decoders with a 4-8 ohm speaker rating.
Models — MS440C, MS440D, MS450R, MS450P, MS581N