New to the range of High-Performance Dynamic Speakers for DCC Sound locomotives is the “Tornado VS” by DCC Solutions to suit Auscision Models.
This speaker is designed to fit in the following Auscision Models:
- NSW Tangara
One of our most popular and best-selling speakers, the “Thunder” has been around since 2013. It became the speaker of choice, popular with modellers installing sound, as they were impressed with the quality and sound output from these small dynamic speakers.
Now it finally gets some new additions to expand its line-up.
The DCCS – “TORNADO VS” consists of two Thunder speakers installed in a precision engineered side-by-side long format single deeper enclosure. The height of the enclosure has been significantly increased, compared to the original Thunder speaker, to create a larger sound chamber to increase the volume and bass output levels.
This speaker is a direct replacement for the Auscision Vandersound speaker that is fitted inside the Auscision second run models. If you want to improve the sound in your Auscision Models, then this is the speaker for you.
Don't be fooled by their size, as these speakers show a significant improvement in sound quality over other speakers on the market and will provide a storming sound performance. Now with a 165% increase in the sound chamber size compared to the original “Thunder” speaker, and 25% increase compared to the Auscision Vandersound speaker the “Tornado VS” has more air pumping space for each speaker to pump air rated at 69 mm³ per speaker to dramatically increase the level of sound output.
This twin speaker format is designed to be wired in parallel to provide 4-ohm impedance perfect for ESU LokSound and Zimo* decoders or can be wired in series to provide 16 ohms, allowing it to be used with most brands of sound decoders.
Unique features of the DCCS – “TORNADO VS” include:
- Enclosure designed and manufactured by DCC Solutions
- Speaker sits inside enclosure for a permanent fit, not on top
- Fully sound tested for quality reassurance prior to sale
- Enclosure markings “+/-” for easy parallel wire connections
- Size with Enclosure: 34.00×13.70 mm
- Height with Enclosure: 12.70 mm
- Nominal Power Output: 2 Watts
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Frequency Range – 100Hz~20kHz
- Sound Pressure Level – 73db
- Max. Sound Pressure Level – 89db
- Air Pumping Capacity – 69 mm³ per speaker
* This speaker is suitable for use in:
Zimo Sound Decoders with a 4-8 ohm speaker rating.
Models - MS440C, MS440D, MS450R, MS450P, MS581N